April 8, 2013

To fly or not to fly: My friend’s trip to Mongolia on OM136 | Ubpost News

To fly or not to fly: My friend’s trip to Mongolia on OM136 | Ubpost News: "I slept early Sunday night pumped up for his arrival on Monday at 7:05 am on the OM136 MIAT Mongolian Airlines flight via Moscow. I came to the airport five minutes late and was welcomed by the LED announcement that this flight had landed. I reckoned that in getting off the plane and going through immigration and customs, my friend would most likely be at the arrival area at around 7:30 am. But the hour hands of my watch and the airport clock both turned to 8 and I still had no sight of him.
After a few minutes, my phone rang with my friend’s UK number on the screen so I thought that he was already around but, for some reason, we just were not able to see each other in a small and empty airport. As soon as I picked up, we both asked the same question, “Where are you?” I told him that I was at the airport in Ulaanbaatar and he told me that he was still at the airport in Moscow. He said that his flight was delayed and that he emailed me about it at around 5 am, my time."

'via Blog this'